I made these for the first time this Christmas. They are very similar to Magic Bars only much much better. So good, in fact, that I think I will make a double batch next year!
Toffee Chip Bars
Makes a 9x13 pan
2 1/3 cup flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
¾ cup butter
1 egg slightly beaten
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips divided
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 ¾ cup skor toffee bits
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.Grease 9x13 inch pan
3. Stir together flour & brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add eggs and mix well.
4. Stir in 1 ½ cups chocolate chips and nuts and reserve 1 ½ cups crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of greased pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Pour condensed milk evenly over hot crust. Top with remaining crumb misture, 1 1/2 cups chips and the skor bits.
6. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.