Thursday, February 1, 2007

Musings on a Kitchen Aid

How I love my Kitchen Aid! Have I made that apparent yet? I don't know what it is about that sleek black machine but I could use it every day and never tire of it. When we were first registering for wedding gifts, Josh and I just assumed that we had to put one on the list. After all, how could I possibly bake with an inferior model? What could possibly whip my egg whites as frothy while at the same time being able to handle my doubled Cinnamon Bun dough? Ahhhh, the sweet sweet Kitchen Aid. This mixer is a triumph of machinery in every way. I know of people who will not buy one because of the price, but I am here to say that it is worth every single penny, and yes I am aware that they cost a huge amount of pennies. Just buy it in time for Christmas baking next year and I swear you will be in mad, passionate love.

The weekend is fast approaching and I am going to bake again because, surprisingly, I have learned restraint when it comes to cookie eating. It is time to tackle the mountain - and I mean mountain- of recipes I have printed off of the internet. I know I could fall back on my tried and trues, but if I don't get a handle on this stack soon, I will need a filing cabinet to house them - and there is no room for a filing cabinet in my apartment. Definitely not!

So the goal is to make Nutella cookies (I can't remember the blog I found this on. Speak up you!) as well as attempt to make the Apple Bundt Cake out of this months Bon Appetit. The cake is a bit of a toss up because it calls for grated apples and there is no way that I am grating 8 apples. So instead I am replacing the grating with unsweetened applesauce and I just hope that it sets up properly. Hmmmm....

Outside it is snowing and blowing and at least -25. Oh to be inside with my Kitchen Aid and a warm oven. Can it be the weekend now?

Ciao

No comments: