Thursday, August 2, 2007

An Update...

So it has been 8 months now since I started blogging. Honestly, I thought I would have given up by now. How much pleasure can one really get from an online journal that, potentially, no one will read? And how many foodie bloggers can there possibly be in the world? Do they want to read my recipe rantings? Apparently so. In fact, foodie blogs are quite the going concern in cyberworld. Turns out that other apron wearers, from time to time, remove themselves from their Kitchen Aids and log on. I can not tell you how many hours of pleasure I have derived from this community. The recipes I have found, the advice I have taken and just the general food knowledge that I have filed away. What I had assumed was a rather odd hobby - that is collecting and then trying hundreds of recipes just to see if I can conquer them - is actually an international passtime. It also attracts some very friendly and encouraging personalities.
All in all, I think this has been a very rewarding and therepeutic experience and something I will definitely continue, if only for my own pleasure.

Please, please, please feel free to try - and blog about - the recipes on my blog. What are recipes for, if not to share?

It is partly to help other foodie bloggers get their start, and partly because I want to find some more "must read" blogs, that I am adding The Leftover Queens Foodie BlogRoll list to my blog. I have found some wonderful blogs in here and I hope that all of you do as well.

2 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

I am glad to have you on the list! Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

Unknown said...

Hi suzy :) likede ur writing on ur blog :) ....we too (me and my husband ) stay in the tiniest apartment here:) but that doesnt prevent me from entering the kitchen :) i too have a blog , when u get time pls check it out :)